Update on Neil*

Aug 7, 2013 | News & Events

*The following update and photos are courtesy of the Hajjar family.

Neil underwent surgery at Boston Children’s Hospital on July 31st to help alleviate the thick and narrow blood vessels in his brain that were causing him to suffer small strokes as a result of Moyamoya disease. The surgery was a success and Neil is recovering well (see pictures below).

Meg (mom), Mike (dad), Luke (twin brother), and Kit (little sister) traveled with Neil from their home in Basking Ridge, NJ to Boston Children’s Hospital to provide support. Neil’s aunts Michelle and Meme were also present to provide a helping hand.

Thanks to our generous supporters, Hope Strengthens Foundation was able to help the Hajjar family with expenses associated with their trip to Boston for Neil’s surgery. Your compassion and kindness made a big difference for Neil and his wonderful family.

During their time in Boston, Neil’s younger sister Kit celebrated her 1st birthday at the family’s hotel while Neil was recovering from surgery a short distance away. With Neil in good health, the family has packed up and headed home to New Jersey just in time to prepare for Neil and Luke’s 3rd birthday celebration this Thursday, August 8th!

While his surgery was a success, Neil still needs our help. He is still battling a rare genetic condition called MECP2 Duplication Syndrome. Neil is a fighter and with your support, Hope Strengthens Foundation will continue to stand beside him and help tackle the challenges ahead.

Please consider making a small donation to support Neil today.

Thank you.

Neil before his surgery

Neil post-surgery

Neil in recovery with his brother Luke

Neil less than one-week after brain surgery!




Hope Strengthens Foundation is proud to participate in the TICKETS Fore CHARITY program for the 2013 Charles Schwab Cup Championship (TPC Harding Park in San Francisco, CA held October 30 – November 3, 2013).

75% of every ticket sold will go to Hope Strengthens Foundation (the remaining 25% will go to The First Tee of San Francisco).

You can purchase discounted daily ($20) and weekly ($50) tickets at the following link:

Hope Strengthens Foundation TICKETS Fore CHARITY